Energy Industry Levy (EIU)
The manufacture of glass is fundamentally subject to a very energy-intensive manufacturing process. The European glass industry therefore introduced a gas-price-dependent energy cost surcharge at the beginning of the year. The base price was set at 80 €/MWh - if the price falls below this, the levy is completely waived.
The amount of the surcharge can sometimes vary significantly and is determined every month on the third to last (3) working day of the month (M) and then applied from the first day of the following month (M+1). The amount is based on the average monthly natural gas price according to the German commodity exchange EGIX®-THE You can access the EGIX®-THE under the following link: www.powernext.com/futures-market-data
The new surcharge is displayed openly under our order confirmations and invoices and applies to orders placed from the 1st of each new month. This means that the new surcharge set three (3) working days before the end of the month will apply to all incoming orders from the 1st of the following month.
- The levy for April 2022 was €0.194/kg.
- The levy for May 2022 was €0.096/kg.
- The levy for June 2022 was €0.065/kg.
- The levy for July 2022 was €0.096/kg.
- The levy for August 2022 was €0.29/kg.
- The levy for September 2022 was €0.516/kg.
- The levy for October 2022 was €0.419/kg.
- The levy for November 2022 was €0.225/kg.
- The current levy for December 2022 is €0,129/kg.